Dinesh Ravindra Gunaratne (aka DRG) is a business graduate, graphic designer and get made or die trying kind of indie film-maker. He often writes poetry about heartbreaks, sketch and copy models in old Cosmo magazines and delves on off-beat short stories. He's the founder of "Wachana"; indie publishing house based on Colombo, Sri Lanka and former head of design at Antyra Studios; the creative arm of Antyra Solutions, Sri Lanka.
- Head of Design – Antyra Studios ( July 2018 – February 2019)
- Responsibilities include ; Building a separate unit in Antyra to effectively manage creative services driving profitability of design portfolio, Ensuring the profitability of creative division working with the sales team to drive growth, Functioning as the design lead at Antyra Solutions working with clients and all related stakeholders, Developing Antyra’s own design methodology and establishing the said design language as a core differentiator within the company, Implementing the structured design process within Antyra Solutions to continuously evolve design skills of all team members
- Senior Manager – Design ( July 2017 – June 2018)
- Responsibilities include ; Leading initiatives relating to design, building Antyra’s brand as a strong contender in the creative agency space, Functioning as an expert resource to the design team, driving on-going improvement and skill development among the team, Creative resource planning and delivery optimization across all projects, Taking full responsibility for performance and on-going improvements of Antyra’s creative services output. working closely with clients and all related stakeholders, Managing of the creative team.
- Manager – Design ( June 2016 – June 2017)
- Responsibilities include; Creative resource planning and delivery optimization across all projects, Taking full responsibility for performance and on-going improvements of Antyra’s creative services output. working closely with clients and all related stakeholders, Managing of the creative team.
- Assistant Manager – Design ( November 2015 – June 2016)
- Responsibilities include; Managing design/creative workload of all the clients of Antyra and continuously improve the quality standards of the design work by keeping up with the design trends and purpose based, human-centric design approach.
- Freelance Design Consultant – Fashionmarket.lk and Academy of Design (AOD) ( June 2015 – November 2015)
- Responsibilities include; Managing design workload of the launch of FashionMarket.lk and the operations of first three months on tradition and digital mediums.
- Assistant Art Director cum Graphic Designer – Academy of Design (AOD) ( January 2014 – May 2015)
- Responsibilities include; Managing all the design workload related to marketing and sales tasks in AOD , Island Craft and Sri Lanka Design Festival on both traditional and digital mediums.
- Junior Art Director – Saatchi & Saatchi Sri Lanka ( October 2011 – December 2013)
- Responsibilities include; Managing all the design workload related to all the assigned clients of the agency
Some of the clients I've worked with in the past
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Proficiency in both Mac/PC
- Motion Graphics & Animation
- Photography & Videography
- Proficiency in both English / Sinhala language
- Creative Conceptualization & Ideation
- Managing effective teams focused on performance and growth
- Graduated in Bachelor of Business Administration specialized in Marketing (Second Class Lower) at University of Colombo 2007-2011
- Diploma holder of Film and Television Studies at School of Media Arts and Management, Colombo 2006
- Certificate holder of Preliminary Certificate of Marketing (PCM) at Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM), 2006